Eiffel Scholarship of Excellence
The Eiffel Scholarship of Excellence was developed by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, represented by Campus France, to enable the best international profiles at master's and doctoral levels to enter graduate programmes in France.
Each year, INSA Lyon presents candidates for the Eiffel scholarship, either from its partner universities to follow a master's degree with a double diploma at INSA, or PhD students wishing to do all or part of their thesis at INSA.
Applications are selected and sent by INSA Lyon to Campus France.
Deadline for applications at INSA Lyon: December 2022 (the exact date will be published in the fall of 2022)
- International students under 30 years old
- First time applicants (can not be combined with another French government scholarship)
- Ranking in the promotion : top 10% of the class
- Place of residence when applying : priority will be given to candidates recruited in their country of origin and who are not living in France yet
- Master level : students in engineering or engineering sciences
- Doctorate level : student in co-supervision or co-direction, in the fields of engineering sciences
Before submitting an application, candidates should check their eligibility in the Campus France Vademecum.
Amount of the scholarship
- Master's level: monthly allowance of €1,181/month
- Doctorate level: monthly allowance of €1,700 /month
The Eiffel programme also covers:
- International return tickets
- National transport (train to place of stay)
- Local transport (from airport or train station to accommodation - €50 max)
- Social protection
- Supplementary health insurance
- Cultural activities
Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel programme.
How to apply
Check your eligibility in the Campus France Vademecum.
Gather the required documents for your application, which must be translated into French or English.
- Cover letter (2 pages maximum)
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Copy of transcripts since entering Higher Education
- Ranking in the class of the current and previous year. As this scholarship is a scholarship of excellence, the jury needs to know the student's ranking within his/her class. If your university does not systematically issue this document, you should ask the person in charge of your course to issue a signed certificate mentioning your ranking.
- Letter of recommendation
Send documents to email@example.com before the indicated date for your application to be reviewed.
If INSA Lyon accepts and supports your application, you will be contacted shortly to finalise the application.
Applications sent directly by foreign students or international institutions to Campus France are not eligible.
- Application deadline: December 2022 (the exact date will be published in the fall of 2022). This date is different from the one indicated on the Campus France website (January 2022) to allow INSA Lyon to review applications.
- INSA Lyon's European and International Relations Office will submit the selected applications online and will inform you of the decision concerning your application in January 2023.
- Results are published in April 2023 on the Campus France website: www.campusfrance.org/fr/eiffel