From 27 June to 15 July 2022
Get 4 ECTS credits
1. Energy transition (30hrs. lectures)
Introduction to Energy Transition
- Introduction to Renewable Energy (Wind farm; Solar panel; Solar thermal)
- Introduction to smart grids
- Introduction to HVDC and its challenges
- Technical and industrial visits
Renewable Production and Platform Group Project
- Creativity, group project outlines
- Technical architecture and implementation
- Business plan
2. French Language, cross-cultural communication (30hrs. lectures)
- Introduction to French Language and Culture
- Developing Intercultural Competence
- Industry and Society
- Guided visit of Lyon
- Day trip to the Alps
- Cooking activity
- Wine and cheese tasting
- Dinner in a "bouchon lyonnais", a typical restaurant
*Due to the Covid-19 epidemic protocol, cultural and social activities might undergo some changes but will, in any case, be replaced.
Who can apply
- All Science and Engineering students, undergraduate and graduate students with basic knowledge in electrical or thermal engineering
How to apply
- Application from 3 February to 22 April
Start by informing the mobility coordinator in your university of your wish to participate in the program. They will confirm the exchange agreement between our institutions and your eligibility. They will then send us your nomination and you can start filling in your application online.
Some universities allow students to apply freely. If this is your case, you should still follow the application process indicated here.
Required documents to apply: a cover letter and a resume.
- Acceptance by INSA Lyon
Applications will be reviewed within a few days of receipt.
- Registration until 2 May
When your application is accepted, we will send you a link to download the following documents, completed and signed: a letter of commitment, a copy of your passport, an ID photo, our IT charter, and our Terms and Conditions.
You might need a formal "Higher Education Attendance Certificate" for a visa and crossing-boarders. For more information on our to obtain a visa, go on the France Diplomacy website.
- Payment due 10 May
You will receive an invoice to make the payment before 10 May, via wire transfer. If your university collects payments, please contact the coordinator in your university.
Before applying, check your home country's regulations regarding the epidemic situation and travel policies. You may need additional documents and justification to be able to travel. INSA Lyon will provide you with information on the situation before your arrival.
- Full cost: € 4,200
- Exchange cost: €1,800
Check with your mobility coordinator within your university if we have an agreement and if the exchange cost applies.
Costs include half-board:
- Accommodation to choose between a student residence on campus or a host family
- Breakfasts and lunches from Monday to Friday
- Participation and transport for all leisure activities organized by INSA Lyon
- Return trip from the airport of Lyon to the campus, on arrival and departure.
They do not cover plane tickets and personal activities on weekends.
For cancellation and refund possibilities, please check our terms and conditions attached to this page.
- Students’ arrival will be Friday 24 June
- Welcome session on Monday morning, 27 June
- Classes and activities will start Monday afternoon, 13 June
- 14 July is a public holiday in France so it will be a day off for participants
- End of classes and a farewell session on Friday 15 July
- Students leave campus on Friday 15 July